We’re happy to share that the system upgrade has fixed the following issues:
- In certain versions of Chrome, buttons in the Editor were grayed out and unusable when creating a new page.
- Clicking “Edit” and “Undo Checkout” changed the “Last Edit Date,” even though changes were not made.
- When changing text to a bulleted or numbered list, extra inline code would be added.
- Closing a Smartform editing field (e.g., in news stories or faculty profiles) without clicking “Save” would cause the system to get stuck.
- Selecting “View Properties” from the silver dot on a form page opened the WorkArea with an error message.
- Adding a file (such as a PDF) from the Library to a menu did not work.
- A caching bug would periodically bring the site down.
- The title field would accept punctuation marks that caused cross-browser difficulties with automatic aliases (such as asterisks, forward slashes, and pipes).
We also wanted to let you know that a few new issues have been introduced with this version. Ektron is aware of these issues and is working to resolve them:
When switching a template for a page, there’s a 5-minute lag time before the change shows up on the site.– Ektron recently helped us fix this.
- The Link Manager has a formatting issue that shows a white gap in the pop-up. Make sure to scroll down so you can see the “Save” button.
- The “Remove Alignment” button in the Editor is not displayed in Firefox.
- For Power Users only: There is a bug with creating aliases in Internet Explorer. We’ll send you a separate communication about this issue.
Thank you so much for your patience during the content freeze. If you have any questions or concerns, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.