ITS has been laboring behind the scenes for months to make sure all of the pieces that go together to make up USF Connect will still work correctly and that the upgrade will go as smoothly as possible.
This is the most extensive system upgrade at USF since we migrated to Banner Enterprise Resource Planning in 2006. “Unlike previous USF Connect upgrades, this is a complete platform change using newer technology. This required learning the new platform and rebuilding many back-end components from scratch to fit the new system,” said ITS Enterprise System Infrastructure Director Michael Ong.
The upgrade includes:
- An updated, more modern user interface
- Improved performance
- Implementation of a Central Authentication Service (CAS), an industry standard for single sign-on
- An enhanced password management system
- Support for the upcoming Banner 9 upgrade
As with every upgrade, there are some changes to get used to, including:
- A new USF Connect email system that will deliver required messages and allow you to opt out of receiving some notifications
- The My Connection landing tab will now be focused on displaying announcements and event information
- A new DonsApps menu dock replaces the top tray for easy access to Mail, Spam, Calendar, etc.
- The Quick Links have moved to the role-based tabs, such as Student tab, Faculty/Advisor tab, Employee tab, etc. for more relevant links
- The Learning Technologies tab and the role-based tabs have been updated with a new look
- The USFsupport&answers tab has been replaced by a new USF Support menu dock
For more information, please check out the USF Connect information page, including short preview videos that show you how it looks. (Select the one appropriate to your role.)